Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Snake Story

As a veterinarian, I have the privilege to hear all the wonderful animal hero stories. Such as, dog's waking the family when someone has a seizure, dogs going to the phone when it is ringing in a deaf person's house, but I had never heard a snake story before.

One day a client relayed this harrowing story to me. "One night, my family and I were camping with our Hound dog. I got up early, about 5am, because she was barking and wouldn't stop. I got out my flashlight, and aimed it where she was pointing. There, with it's mouth completely open, was a Cottonmouth Snake, coiled around the bottom of the picnic table. If I would have gone over innocently to make coffee, and sat down, I would be a dead man. That Hound dog saved my life."

No comments:

Post a Comment